Healthy activities are a great way to spend quality time with your family. Enjoy these ideas or create some new ones of your own!
Play Every Day!
- Help your children learn to count by having them count their steps as they walk up and down stairs.
- Protect your brain and wear that helmet!
- Play "Follow the Leader" with your child. Jump up and down or turn around. Have your child imitate what you do. Then let your child lead and follow what he or she does.
- Enjoy fun in the sun when you're playing outside, swimming, or skiing. Wear sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses with UV protection.
- Ask your child to imitate their favorite sports stars: "Move like a basketball player, balance like your favorite gymnast, leap like your favorite dancer, or throw like your favorite football player."
- Design a backyard obstacle course with your children and let them invite their friends over to run through it.
- Challenge your children to use their imagination to create a new sport that they can play outside with friends.