Making healthy choices starts at the market. Include your child in this activity so they can be part of the fun.
- Pick brightly colored fruits for a fruit salad with your child!
- Challenge children to find snacks that will make their bones strong, like low-fat yogurt, chocolate milk or string cheese.
- Play the Ingredient Game. Ask your child to look for a particular ingredient, like "whole grain."
- Make shopping an opportunity to talk about how certain ingredients help the body stay healthy and strong.
- Ask your child to help you pick foods that come in their own natural wrapper - like bananas and oranges!
For more food fun, see our healthy recipe ideas.