Whether cereal is your baby’s very first bite or comes later on in the journey of starting solids is a personal choice for every family. While cereal had traditionally been recommended as baby’s first food (fortified infant cereal it was an iron-rich, easily digestible first food), newer AAP guidelines say it’s also ok to start by offering single ingredient pureed meats, veggies or fruits.
When that moment does arrive that your little one is ready to begin exploring the goodness of whole grains, the Earth’s Best® brand has a variety of baby cereals carefully crafted to ensure every bite counts-from essential nutrients to support growth and development, plus energy to help your tiny tastemaker master the high chair and beyond.
Here are 4 things to know and love about our thoughtfully chosen Earth’s Best Organic® cereal ingredients.
- We source USDA Certified Organic ingredients. Our ingredients are carefully sourced from organic family farms and growers we know and trust. This means that every bite is filled with sustainable ingredients, grown without potentially harmful pesticides or herbicides. Our cereals are always non-GMO, and never contain any artificial colors, artificial flavors or artificial preservatives.
- Made from wholesome grains nutritionists and pediatricians love. At the Earth’s Best® brand, we’re parents, too. And we know that every baby’s journey to greatness is different. That’s why we feature 3 easy-to-digest varieties, featuring high-quality organic ingredients to help moms, dads and caregivers meet the moment in their own perfect way, including:
- Whole Grain Oatmeal Cereal. Naturally gluten-free and 100% whole grain, oatmeal has 9% DV protein, which helps keeps baby satisfied.
- Whole Grain Multi-Grain Cereal. Made from a nourishing blend of organic whole grain oats, barley and spelt, perfect to introduce your baby a variety of flavorful whole grains.
- Rice Cereal. Exceptionally gentle as a start, our organic rice is naturally gluten free.
- Thoughtfully fortified. Tiny bites can still deliver big nutrients: All of our Earth’s Best Organic® cereals are iron fortified for infant growth and development. Babies are born with iron stores to last the first four to six months of life. After that the AAP recommends offering iron-rich foods, like Earth’s Best® Iron Fortified Organic Baby Cereal, as some of baby’s first foods, to help prevent iron deficiency.
- Always exceeding the highest standards of safety and purity. Since our very first jar of organic baby food was hand crafted nearly 35 years ago, we hold strong to our commitment to keep all Earth’s Best® foods safe – we reject ingredients annually because they do not meet our specifications. Along with our participation with the Baby Food Council, The Hain Celestial Group is committed to the goals of continuing to work toward minimizing exposure to environmental contaminants associated with common baby food commodities.
Published: February 11, 2020
Last modified: June 30, 2020